Welcome to all new SOAS MSc Economics students. You will all be having library induction sessions over the next week, which will cover how to search the key databases for economics we subscribe to at SOAS. If that has whetted your appetite, here are some suggestions for what to do next to find out more about the library and improve your information skills:
• Finish the exercises in your pack!
• Follow the podcast tour
• Explore the library and information skills BLE site:
• Take an information skills tutorial:
• Develop your internet research skills:
• Follow the library news on the politics and economics library blog, Facebook and Twitter
• Join delicious to see recommended resources, bookmark and share your own
• Sign up for RSS feeds, alerts and email lists for subjects you are interested in:
• Join Senate House Library, LSE Library and the British Library for free!
• Set up an endnote web account to organise your references:
And don't forget if you have any problems, contact the library enquiry desk on Level A or email@example.com, or your subject librarian Jo Tate on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck with your course!